For Your Next Interview???
Here are some tips the next time you interview candidates...
Vice Presidents and personnel directors of the one hundred largest
corporations were asked to describe their most unusual experience
interviewing prospective employees.
- A job applicant challenged the interviewer to an arm wrestle.
- Interviewee wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to the
interviewer and the music at the same time.
- Candidate fell and broke arm during interview.
- Candidate announced she hadn't had lunch and proceeded to eat a
hamburger and french fries in the interviewer's office.
- Candidate explained that her long-term goal was to replace the
- Candidate said he never finished high school because he was
kidnapped and kept in a closet in Mexico.
- Balding candidate excused himself and returned to the office a few
minutes later wearing a hairpiece.
- Applicant said if he was hired he would demonstrate his loyalty by
having the corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.
- Applicant interrupted interview to phone her therapist for advice
on how to answer specific interview questions.
- Candidate brought large dog to interview.
- Applicant refused to sit down and insisted on being interviewed
- Candidate dozed off during interview.
The employers were also asked to list the "most unusual"
that have been asked by job candidates.
- "What is it that you people do at this company?"
- "What is the company motto?"
- "Why aren't you in a more interesting business?"
- "What are the zodiac signs of all the board members?"
- "Why do you want references?"
- "Do I have to dress for the next interview?"
- "I know this is off the subject, but will you marry me?"
- "Will the company move my rock collection from California to
- "Will the company pay to relocate my horse?"
- "Does your health insurance cover pets?"
- "Would it be a problem if I'm angry most of the time?"
- "Does your company have a policy regarding concealed weapons?"
- "Do you think the company would be willing to lower my pay?"
- "Why am I here?"
Want to see more?
Click here for another joke!
©1998 by Alexander Associates
Web Site Design by