You might be an Engineering Major:
- If you have no life - and you can PROVE it mathematically.
- If you enjoy pain.
- If you know vector calculus but you can't remember how to do long division.
- If you chuckle whenever anyone says "centrifugal force."
- If you've actually used every single function on your graphing calculator.
- If when you look in a mirror, you see a engineering major.
- If it is sunny and 70 degrees outside, and you are working on a computer.
- If you frequently whistle the theme song to "MacGyver."
- If you always do homework on Friday nights.
- If you know how to integrate a chicken and can take the derivative
- If you think in "math."
- If you've calculated that the World Series actually diverges.
- If you hesitate to look at something because you don't want to break
down its wave function.
- If you have a pet named after a scientist.
- If you laugh at jokes about mathematicians.
- If the Humane society has you arrested because you actually performed
the Schrodinger's Cat experiment.
- If you can translate English into Binary.
- If you can't remember what's behind the door in the science building
- If you have to bring a jacket with you, in the middle of summer, because
there's a wind-chill factor in the lab.
- If you are completely addicted to caffeine. If you avoid doing anything
because you don't want to contribute to the eventual heat-death of
- If you consider ANY non-science course "easy."
- If when your professor asks you where your homework is, you claim to
accidentally determined its momentum so precisely, that according to
Heisenberg it could be anywhere in the universe.
- If the "fun" center of your brain has deteriorated from lack
- If you'll assume that a "horse" is a "sphere" in
order to make the math easier.
- If you understood more than five of these indicators.
- If you make a hard copy of this list, and post it on your door.
Want to see more?
Click here for another joke!
©1998 by Alexander Associates
Web Site Design by